July 22, 2013 by Melissa
I need help.
I made a few quilts many years ago, got frustrated, and quit. Then in January of this year, I picked it up again and have really enjoyed learning and improving my skills. And it’s so great to have a community of quilters and sewists to learn from this time around. When I have questions, I can certainly Google it or find answers in a book but sometimes I just want to hear the opinions of those who may have more experience than me.
So maybe you can help me out. I’d love to hear your feedback to these questions that keep me up at night!
- What are you favorite online quilt shops?
- What fabric amounts do you typically purchase? (I find myself drawn to fat quarters.)
- What batting do you use? Do you buy it by the yard?
- Do you use patterns for your quilts or make it up yourself?
- Do you quilt your projects yourself? If so – free motion or straight lines?
Thanks in advance for sharing with me!